Marital Status: Unmarried Hometown: Karachi Age: 24 Years
|Other Name||Harry Potter The Indian Express
Note: He was given this name by his friends because he wore glasses just like Harry Pottr.
|Known for||Grabbing eleven wickets against England at a test match in Multan|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 183 cm
in meters– 1.83 m
in feet & inches– 6’ 0”
|International Debut||Test– 9 December 2022 against England at Multan|
|Batting Style||Right hand Bat|
|Bowling Style||Legbreak Googly|
|Records (main ones)||Bagged 11 wickets in the test match between Pakistan and England in Multan on 9 December 2022|
|Date of Birth||16 October 1998 (Friday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||24 Years|
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Father– Noor Islam
Mother– Safin Jan
• Shahzad Khan
• Sajid Ahmed
Note: His brother Shahzad Khan was a fast bowler for National Bank.
Some Lesser Known Facts About Abrar Ahmed
- Abrar Ahmed is a Pakistani cricketer who is known for bagging eleven wickets against England at a test match in Multan held on 9 December 2022.
- Abrar used to live with his family in the village Shinkiari, Mansehra in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, but later, his father shifted to Karachi. Ahmed grew up playing cricket in the streets and at the age of 15, he joined Rashid Latif Cricket Academy. In an interview, his coach Muhammad Masroor talked about his performance in the trial and said,
Same grip se carrom ball, leg-spin, googly, slider saare variations daal raha tha (He was bowling all variations with the same grip). He doesn’t have that massive turn. He was bowling on the stumps, and no one was able to read his lengths.I immediately asked him whether he had ever played with the hard ball. The answer was ‘no’. I couldn’t believe my eyes. Out of curiosity, I checked his fingers, and those were like iron rodes.”
- When he was six years old, he pointed out Saqlain Mushtaq’s mistakes in the test match in Multan when Virender Sehwag smahed trple hundred. In an interview, his brother talked about this and said,
Abrar was about six, and he used to point out mistakes in Saqlain bhai’s bowling. My father got so annoyed because of his running commentary that he locked him in another room.”
- He was very close to his mother when he was a child. When he was nine years old, once, his mother asked him to do hifz (memorization of the Quran), so he learned it. His mother also wanted him to pursue aalima (study Islamic sciences), but he said that he wanted to play cricket and had no interest in becoming an Aalim.
- In 2016, he took 53 wickets in the U19 zonal match for Karachi. In 2017, he was selected for Karachi Kings in the Pakistan Super League, but unfortunately, he injured his back. In an interview, his brother said that Abrar would have been paralyzed after the injury and even the doctors informed them that he would never be able to play cricket again. Abrar made his first-class debut in 2020 while playing for Sindh, against Southern Punjab, in the Quaid-e-Azam Trophy. He made his List A debut in November 2021, for the Pakistan Shaheens against the Sri Lanka A cricket team.
- In 2022, he became the 13th Pakistan bowler to pick up five-wicket on his test debut.
|↑1||The Indian Express|