Marital Status: Married Religion: Islam Hometown: Gaya, Bihar
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 187 cm
in meters– 1.87 m
in feet & inches– 6’ 2”
|Hair Colour||Salt and Pepper|
|Debut||Film (Hindi): Kalka (1983)
Film (Bhojpuri): Rasili Tohre Khatir (2005)
TV: Karan: The Detective (2005) on DD National
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||2017: TIIFA Award as the Legendry Actor in a Negative Role
2018: AIAC Award under the cateogry Individual Achievements & Nation Building
2019: DadaSaheb Phalke Film Yatra Awards
2022: Bollywood Iconic Awards
|Date of Birth||26 May|
|Birthplace||Maigra, Imamganj, Gaya|
|College/University||Magadh University, Bodh Gaya, Bihar|
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor of Science YouTube – NTV Nimar|
|Religion||Islam Instagram – Ali Khan|
|Food Habit||Non-vegetarian Facebook – Ali Khan|
|Marriage Date||20 October 1986|
|Wife/Spouse||Name not known|
|Children||Son– Faiyaz Ali Khan
Daughter– Aashna Khan Kapadia
• Haji Mohammad Shadib Khan
• Shahnawaz Khan
Some Lesser Known Facts About Ali Khan
- Ali Khan is an Indian actor. In 1992, Ali came into the limelight after appearing in the Hindi film Khuda Gawah in which he played the role of Habibullah.
- He belongs to a Muslim family in Maigra, Imamganj, Gaya, Bihar. Ali’s father was a farmer.
- According to Ali, he was fascinated by acting since childhood. During his school days, he used to participate in local stage plays and often played the character of Ram and Ravan.
- Soon after completing his senior secondary education, Ali attempted the all-India pre-medical admission exam; however, he failed the entrance exam by five marks.
- Ali, while he was in college, was fond of reading the weekly magazine Mayapuri.
- In 1975, Ali went to Mumbai to receive a family member who had returned from his pilgrimage to Mecca. During his trip to Mumbai, he visited RK studios and came across Amitabh Bachchan on the set of the Hindi film Kasme Vaade (1978). According to Ali Khan, watching Amitabh’s acting on the film set inspired him to pursue a career in film. YouTube – NTV Nimar News
- Before venturing into the film industry, Ali was pursuing a Bachelor of Legislative Law at Magadh University, Bihar; however, owing to his career in acting, he dropped out.
- In 1980, Ali shifted to Mumbai from Bihar to pursue a career in acting.
- In 1983, Ali Khan made his acting debut with the Hindi film Kalka in which he played the minor role of Gopi. In 1985, he worked in the Hindi film Rahemdil Jallad in which he played the lead role of an antagonist. Later, in the 1990s, Ali appeared in a supporting role in various Hindi films like Agneekal (1990), Vishwatma (1992), Khuda Gawah (1992), Juaari (1994), and Sarfarosh (1999).
Ali Khan in the poster of Rahem Dil Jallad (1983)
- In 2005, Ali Khan made his Bhojpuri debut with the film Rasili Tohre Khatir in which he played a supporting role. Subsequently, Ali has worked in many Bhojpuri films like Hamar Mother India (2008), Intezar Karab Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak (2013), and Dulhan Chahi Pakistan Se 2 (2018).
A poster of the Bhojpuri film Hamar Mother India (2008)
- In 2005, Ali Khan made his television debut with the DD National serial Karan: The Detective in which he played a supporting role. In 2008, Ali appeared in the television show Kumkum: Ek Pyara Sa Bandhan in which he played the role of Madan.
Ali Khan as Madan in a still from the Hindi television show Kumkum Ek Pyara Sa Bandhan (2008)
- In 2022, he appeared in the Hindi television show Bohot Pyaar Karte Hai in which he played the role of Rahul.
- As of 2022, Ali Khan has appeared in a supporting role in more than 150 films.
- In 2022, Ali was felicitated by the Chief Minister of Maharashtra Devendra Fadnavis during Versova Mahotsav, Mumbai.
Ali Khan being honoured at Versova Mahotsav 2022 in Mumbai
- An ardent follower of Hazrat Makhdoom Shah Baba Mahimi, Ali often visits the shrine to offer a chaddar at the Makhdoom Shah Baba Dargah in Mumbai. In an interview with a media house, Ali talked about this and said,
I have faith on Baba Makhdoom Shah. When I went to Mumbai for the first time, I went here after seeking blessings. I always come here when my vow is fulfilled.”
- In an interview in 2020, Ali Khan discussed his career in politics and said that he was preparing to contest the next Bihar assembly elections. While discussing the same, Ali said that he could contest elections from his hometown’s Sherghati Assembly constituency from the Rashtriya Janata Dal Party. Ali said,
Lalu Prasad Yadav has promised that he will give me ticket for Sherghati assembly. The people of Sherghati also want me to be given a ticket. I am a very famous person here. Not only Magadh, people of entire Bihar give me respect. I have come from Patna for this claim. I hope I will get the ticket. Bollywood actors are also supporting me. Many celebrities like Govinda, Raja Murad, Kiran Kumar, Johnny Lever have given me good wishes to contest the elections. We will also come to campaign for you. He also told the people of Sherghati area that if I win, I will never go back again and I will fully fulfill the responsibility given to me.”
- He shares a good bond with Lalu Prasad Yadav, the President of Rashtriya Janata Dal. Ali often shares pictures of himself visiting Lalu Yadav at his house.
- Ali Khan also shares a friendly bond with actor Amitabh Bachchan. He invited Amitabh to his daughter Ashna’s wedding. According to Ali, Amitabh is his favourite co-star. In an interview, while talking about this, Ali said,
Among the various roles that I have enacted, I particularly enjoyed my act in Sarfarosh and Khuda Gawah, playing Habibullah, in fact, Amitabh Bachchan remains my favourite co-star. The entire world is his fan and so am I. And I value him as a fine human being. Despite being such an acclaimed actor, one would never see him throwing around his weight on the sets.”
|↑1||YouTube – NTV Nimar|
|↑2||Instagram – Ali Khan|
|↑3||Facebook – Ali Khan|
|↑4||YouTube – NTV Nimar News|