Hometown: Adoni, Kurnool, Andhra Pradesh Marital Status: Unmarried Age: 25 Years
|Full name||Kesavarajugari Anjali Sarvani Daily News Post|
|Known for||Making her T20 debut on 9 December 2022 for India against Australia women and earning the India cap by skipper Harmanpreet Kaur|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 155 cm
in meters– 1.55 m
in feet & inches– 5’ 1”
|International Debut||T20– 9 December 2022 against Australia|
|Domestic/State Team||• 2012-2020: Andhra Pradesh
• 2020: Railways
|Batting Style||Right hand Bat|
|Bowling Style||Left arm Medium|
|Date of Birth||28 July 1997 (Monday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||25 Years|
|Birthplace||Adoni, Kurnool, Andhra Pradesh|
|Hometown||Adoni, Kurnool, Andhra Pradesh|
|School||Milton Gem High School, Adoni|
|College/University||Vishwa Narayana Junior College, Adoni|
|Education Qualification||She is 10th pass. Tupaki.com|
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Father– Ramana Rao (teacher at government school in Nagaruru village)
Mother– Name Not Known (homemaker)
|Siblings||Brother– Name Not Known|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Anjali Sarvani
- Anjali Sarvani is an Indian cricketer who received the Indian cap in her first T20 match on 9 December 2022 for India against Australian women.
- When she was 12 years old, she used to play with boys near her house, and later, she started playing in a playground.
- Before joining cricket, she was interested in athletics and was a 100m sprinter.
- In an interview, she shared that when she was in school and was training for a race, she was asked by the Kurnool District Cricket Association officials if she wanted to attend a cricket camp. She was not convinced to join, but her parents forced her to give it a try and she performed really well in the camp.
- Later, she attended the trials and got selected. In 2012, she was selected for India U-19 women’s cricket team and started taking training under former player Venkatesh. She used to practice for long hours from 6 AM to 10.30-11 AM in the morning and then from 3 to 6.30-7 in the evening.
Anjali Sarvani with her coach Venkatesh
- After some time, she got a chance to attend a camp at Andhra women’s academy in Guntur. They used to practice there for 8 hours a day and it was difficult for her to adjust to new places.
- Her inspiration as a child was Yuvraj Singh because he was a lefty like her. In an interview, she talked about him and said,
I always wanted to become like him but the only difference was I took up fast bowling, unlike his spin. I used to love his aggression on the field, whether it was fielding bowling or batting I always wanted to be like him and play like him.”
- In an interview, her father said that it was very difficult for them to afford her expenses, but their friends, family, and school helped them a lot. Her school waived the fees.
- Her family supported her a lot. Her mother and younger brother shifted to Hyderabad to help her. Her uncle and grandfather also played some sport or other at the district/university level.
- She was a part of the Andhra Pradesh team between 2012 to 2020.
Anjali Sarvani with her Andhra Pradesh team
- In 2017, she became the best bowler in the Senior Women’s Cricket Inter Zonal Three Day Game where she played for the South zone against the North zone.
Anjali Sarvani posing with Best Bowler Award
- In 2020, she started playing for the Railways team. In an interview, she talked about her experience after being selected for Railways and said,
I don’t know who noticed my game but getting selected for Railways after Covid and playing under Mithali didi is the turning point of my career. About 10-15 Railway players are in the Indian team and I benefited a lot playing alongside them. It was a different journey from then on I was not surprised as I was expecting a call. I felt happy when I saw the message of my selection in the WhatsApp group.”
Anjali Sarvani wins award for Indian Railways
- In 2020, she played for India B in the Women’s T20 Quadrangular series in Patna.
- In 2022, when she made her debut in the T20 match against Australia, she was given the India cap by skipper Harmanpreet Kaur. Harmanpreet Kaur talked about Anjali and said,
We wanted to bowl first. Batting isn’t that bad. We have one debutant. Anjali has been good and she brings in experience from domestic cricket. We have different variety in bowling.”
In an interview, Anjali talked about joining the Indian team, and said,
It is a proud moment for me because coming from a very small place like Adoni, playing for India is not an easy thing. More than playing, making it to the Indian team in itself means so much.”
Anjali Sarvani receiving India cap
- According to her, women’s cricket should grow more and she wants Women’s IPL to start in the country. In an interview, she talked about this and said,
We can see the difference in the men’s cricket before and after the IPL. If we get the chance of playing IPL, then there will be a lot of difference in the approach of cricket in both the formats. And also playing many matches and series with different countries will give a lot of experience about the wickets and the weather conditions and how we can adapt to those kinds of climates. Women should get more exposure all over the country so that lot of raw talents can be found.”
|↑1||Daily News Post|