Hometown: Belgharia, West Bengal
Age: 39 Years
|Known for||Getting arrested in the alleged state school jobs recruitment scam along with West Bengal minister Partha Chatterjee|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 168 cm
in meters– 1.68 m
in feet & inches– 5’ 5”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms– 70 kg
in pounds– 154 lbs
|Date of Birth||10 June 1983 (Friday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||39 Years|
|Birthplace||Belgharia, West Bengal|
|Hometown||Belgharia, West Bengal|
|School||Ramakrishna Sarada Mission Sister Nivedita Girls’ School, Kolkata|
|College/University||Scottish Church College, Kolkata|
|Controversy||On 23 July 2022, Arpita attracted controversy when she was arrested by the Enforcement Directorate (ED) for being allegedly involved in the school recruitment scam in West Bengal. The ED raided her flat and seized Rs. 21 crore including gold jewellery worth Rs. 79 lakh and Rs. 54-lakh forex, along with 22 mobiles. The ED also stated that she was a close aid of TMC Minister Partha Chatterjee, who was arrested by the Enforcement Directorate (ED) on 23 July 2022 for his alleged involvement in the teacher recruitment scam in the state School Service Commission (SSC). The ED said that she also ran 12 shell companies. In a statement given by ED, they stated,
“We have found documents from Arpita’s Joka flat which indicated that she was operating several shell companies for finacial manoeuvres.”
Outlook India The Times of India
|Relationships & More|
Father– Name Not Known (worked as a central government employee)
Mother– Minati Mukherjee (homemaker)
|Siblings||Sister– Name Not Known|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Arpita Mukherjee
- Arpita Mukherjee is an Indian actress known for being a close aid of TMC Minister Partha Chatterjee, who was arrested by the Enforcement Directorate (ED) on 23 July 2022 for his alleged involvement in the teacher recruitment scam in the West Bengal School Service Commission (SSC). On the same day, Arpita was also arrested by the ED for her involvement in the same scam. The ED raided her flat and seized Rs. 21 crores including gold jewellery worth Rs. 79 lakh and Rs. 54-lakh forex, along with 22 mobiles.
ED is carrying out search operations at various premises linked to recruitment scam in the West Bengal School Service Commission and West Bengal Primary Education Board. pic.twitter.com/i4dP2SAeGG
— ED (@dir_ed) July 22, 2022
- She belonged to a middle-class family and started modelling in 2004. In an interview, her college friends said that she was a bright and go-getter student.
- She was offered her father’s job after his death, but she did not take the job and went on to follow her passion for acting and modelling.
- Arpita also worked as a nail artist. According to some sources, she opened three nail salons in Patuli, on Lake View Road, and in Baranagar. In an interview, her mother said that Arpita also owned a production house.
- According to some sources, she was married to a businessman from Jhargram, but there is not much information about her husband.
- In 2008, she appeared in the Bengali film Partner and played the role of Rina. She appeared in other Bengali films including Mama Bhagne (2009), Jeena the endless love (2009), Bhoot in Roseville (2010), and Bidehir Khonje Rabindrahath (2011).
Arpita Mukherjee in the film ‘Mama Bhagne’ (2009)
- She appeared in Odia films including Bande Utkala Janani (2008), Prem Rogi (2009), Mu Kana Ete Kharap (2010), Kemiti a Bandhana (2011), and Raju Awara (2012).
Arpita Mukherjee in the film ‘Raju Awara’
- In 2019 and 2020, she became the brand ambassador of the promotional campaigns of ‘Naktala Udayan Sangha,’ one of the most prominent Durga Puja committees in Kolkata. Partha Chatterjee was the chief financer of ‘Naktala Udayan Sangha’ at that time.
Arpita Mukherjee during the inauguration ceremony of Naktala Udayan Sangha Durga Puja
- After her arrest, a picture of Partha Chatterjee and Arpita went viral on social media in which they were seen wearing the same colour clothes after which people started to link them.
Arpita Mukherjee with Partha Chatterjee
- On 23 July 2022, after her arrest by the ED, a picture of a video went viral on social media in which CM Mamata Banerjee was seen sharing the stage with Arpita alleging Mamata’s involvement in the School Service Commission (SSC) scam. Mamata clarified the allegations made against her and in an interview said,
I go for inauguration of many pujas. How am I supposed to know whom the organisers have invited? How could I know that she was Partha’s friend? I do not spare even my partymen if they are at fault. I do not and will not spare my own minister if found guilty.”
Arpita Mukherjee with CM Mamata Banerjee during Durga Puja function
- On the same day, Arpita was taken to the Joka ESI Hospital for a medical examination. After her checkup, she was taken into custody till 3 August 2022.
- On 25 July 2022, her aunt, Swapna Chakraborty, revealed that Arpita made underground bunkers in her home in Mathurabati Village in Jangipara, West Bengal to hide the money. She also claimed that many of her relatives got jobs because of Arpita and Partha.
- Some directors who worked with her said that she used to drive a second-hand car to her shooting sets. Another director said that she used to travel by public transport to the sets.
- She often spends her birthday and other festivals with the children of the orphanage.
Arpita Mukherjee with the children of the orphanage
- She is an avid dog lover and often posts pictures of them on social media.
Arpita Mukherjee with a dog
- She is a fitness enthusiast and often posts pictures of her workout on social media.
Arpita Mukherjee practising Yoga
|↑2||The Times of India|