Religion: Omnism Hometown: Mumbai Marital Status: Married
|Real name/Full name||Ashwwin Kaushal Bharti|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 177 cm
in meters– 1.77 m
in feet & inches– 5’ 10”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms– 90 kg
in pounds– 198 lbs
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Debut||As a director: Film: Meet Mr. Chang
As an actor: Film: Damini (1993)
TV: Aurat (1987) on Doordarshan
|Awards||Best director award at Golden Jury Awards for the short film ‘Meet Mr. Chang’|
|Date of Birth||22 February|
|Age (as of 2022)||Not known|
|School||Jamnabai Narsee School ( JNS ), Mumbai|
|College/University||Mithibhai College, Mumbai|
|Relationships & More|
|Wife/Spouse||Name not known|
|Parents||Father– Kaushal Bharati (Director and writer)
Mother– Bina Kaushal
Sister– Tanushree Kaushal (Actress)
|Actor(s)||Bollywood: Akshay Kumar and Rishi Kapoor
Hollywood: Sylvester Stallone
|Quote||Success has many fathers, defeat is orphan|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Ashwin Kaushal
- Ashwin Kaushal is an Indian actor who is known for his roles in many Bollywood films including Ghulam-e-Mustafa (1997), Sardari (1997), PK (2014), and Baaghi 2 (2018).
- Ashwin, being a mischievous child, failed 5-6 times when he was studying in school following which his father withdrew his name from the school and homeschooled him. In an interview, he revealed that he found it difficult to concentrate on his studies and failed his 10th examination.
- His father, Kaushal Bharti, died on 16 January 1995 after he suffered heart failure at the age of 87.
- In 1987, Ashwin made his television debut with the show Aurat on Doordarshan. In this series, he worked with actors Mandira Bedi, Aman Verma, and Surendra Pal.
- After debuting with the film ‘Damini’ (1993), Ashwin appeared in many Bollywood films including Kartvaya (1995), Barsaat (1995), Ghulam-e-Mustafa (1997), Chandaal (1998), Safari (1999), and Madam Don (1999).
- In 2002, he made his comeback with the Hindi film ‘Mulaqaat’ starring Jackie Shroff and Kulbhushan Kharbanda.
Poster of the film Mulaqaat (2002)
- In 2014, he played the role of a metro passenger in the award-winning Bollywood film ‘PK.’
- In 2015, he essayed the role of a father in the Disney TV series Goldy Ahuja Matric Pass and shared the screen with child actor Namit Shah.
Ashwin Kaushal as Goldie Ahuja on the poster of the TV show ‘Goldie Ahuja Matric Pass’ (2014)
- In 2021, he appeared as Mr Raj Kapoor in a ZEE5 original web series titled Sunflower.
Ashwin Kaushal as Mr Raj Kapoor in a still from the TV series ‘Sunflower’ (2021)
- He has worked in several Hindi TV series including Fire and Ice (2015), Tashan-e-Ishq (2016), Tu Aashiqui (2017), The Great Indian Dysfunctional Family (2018), Belan Wali Bahu (2018), and Chutzpah (2021).
- Apart from this, he has also appeared in many TV commercials.
- He made his directorial debut with the Indian short film ‘Meet Mr. Chang.’
Poster of the film ‘Mr. Chang’
- Ashwin Kaushal is fond of writing horror stories for such films and TV shows. He wrote the stories of the horror shows Madhumati (1994) and Mano Ya Na Mano (2006).
- Ashwin suffered mentally due to writing horror stories for more than 20 years following which he began having ghost sightings that disrupted his sleep schedule. Later, he got the opportunity to write for the Indian horror TV series ‘Fear Files: Darr Ki Sacchi Tasvirein.’ Navbharat Times
- Ashwin is a huge fan of the late actor Rishi Kapoor and believes that he was his godfather.
- Ashwin consumes alcoholic beverages.
Ashwin Kaushal with his alcohol glass
- In 2022, Bhopal’s Abhinay Manch Acting Academy organised a free acting workshop where Ashwin Kaushal was also invited to teach.
- Ashwin is a pet lover and he adopted a cat named Cinderella in 2016.
Ashwin Kaushal’s cat, Cinderella
- In 2021, an Instagram user commented on Ashwin’s post about his bad behaviour at an audition. The user talked about how Ashwin mocked an old lady who was in the middle of her audition and made inappropriate sounds.
Comment on Ashwin Kaushal’s post