Age: 53 Years
Hometown: Amritsar, Punjab
Husband: Ashwin Bulchandani
|Real name/Full name||Devika Seth Bulchandani Devika’s Instagram Account|
|Known for||Being the first Indian origin woman to be appointed as the Global Chief Executive of Ogilvy in September 2022|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 167 cm
in meters– 1.67 m
in feet & inches– 5’ 6”
|Date of Birth||Year, 1970|
|Age (as of 2022)||53 Years|
|School||Welham Girls’ School, Dehradun|
|College/University||• St Xavier’s, Mumbai
• University of Southern California, USA
|Educational Qualification(s)||• Bachelor’s degree in English and Psychology at St Xavier’s, Mumbai
• 1990 – 1992: Master’s in Communications from Annenberg School of Communication at University of Southern California Devika’s LinkedIn Account
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage date||Year, 1994|
|Husband/Spouse||Ashwin Bulchandani (Global Macro Strategist & Chief Risk Officer at Matlin Patterson Global Advisers)|
Father– Name Not Known
Mother– Pammi Seth
Elder Brothers– 2 (Names Not Known)
Sister– Priya Seth (Bollywood cinematographer)
Some Lesser Known Facts About Devika Bulchandani
- Devika Bulchandani is a renowned American Indian corporate woman. On 7 September 2022, she was appointed as the Global Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the global advertising and public relations agency, Ogilvy.
- Devika Bulchandani was brought up in Amritsar, Punjab, India till the age of ten. In 1994, she moved to the US soon after her marriage.
- In 1995, soon after completing her formal education, Devika Bulchandani started her career in advertising. In 1997, she joined McCann’s strategy department. Once, McCann stated in one of its articles that Devika Bulchandani has a “beautiful soul.”
Devika Bulchandani as a young corporate woman
In March 2012, Devika Bulchandani started working as the EVP Managing Director of Global Strategy at McCann Worldgroup and served the position till July 2014.
In July 2014, Devika Bulchandani was appointed as the President of a global advertising company ‘McCannXBC’ in Greater New York City, and this company works on MasterCard’s global marketing efforts. She sevred the position till March 2021.
In September 2017, Devika Bulchandani was designated as the President of McCann NY in New York City. She worked in the position till March 2021.
- In 2017, Devika Bulchandani was the leader of the campaign titled ‘The Fearless Girl,’ which became the symbol of women’s equality in the workplace. This campaign was regarded as one of the most awarded campaigns of the Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity. ‘The Fearless Girl’ campaign was a challenge to the symbol of Wall Street. This campaign stated,
The charging bull with a bronze statue of a young girl, hands on her hips, to send a message about workplace gender diversity.”
The Fearless Girl statue
- During her tenure at McCann, Devika Bulchandani was the one who advocated for Mastercard’s ‘Priceless’ drive. In 2019, she contributed to another campaign titled ‘True Name,’ which focused on authorising transgender and non-binary people to show their names on their Mastercard.
The poster of the campaign ‘Priceless’ by Mastercard
- In 2021, in a media conversation, Devika Bulchandani talked about her two bosses under whom she flourished in her advertising career at McCann. She said,
They were my wings. I always say there were two white men who made me who I am, because the last seven years were critical. If I had not been moved out of strategy, I would never have been where I am today.”
Devika Bulchandani during a press conference
- In March 2021, Devika Bulchandani joined Ogilvy. On 9 September 2022, she was officially appointed as the Global Chief Executive Officer of Ogilvy after spending twenty-six years in various roles at McCann. Upon holding this position, she became the first Indian woman to head a Global Advertising Agency.
- Once, Devika Bulchandani contributed highly productive business strategies to Coca-Cola’s global marketing and network partner, WPP. In a press conference, Mark Read, CEO of WPP, the global leading marketing and communications group, stated that Devika was a champion of creativity. Mark said,
Devika is a champion of creativity who brings passion, purpose, and an uncompromising focus on generating impact to everything she does.”
Devika Bulchandani posing with his colleagues at WPP
- Soon after she joined Ogilvy in 2021, Devika Bulchandani started working on the company’s business strategies, which earned Ogilvy new business from popular brands such as Absolut, Enterprise Holdings, World of Hyatt, TD Bank, and Audi of America.
Devika Bulchandani posing with her colleagues at Ogilvy
- In September 2022, soon after she was appointed as the Global CEO of Ogilvy, Devika Bulchandani was given the responsibilities of the creative network business of the company and the accountability of its 131 offices in 93 countries. She held the areas of Advertising, Public Relations, Experience, Consulting, and Health units at Ogilvy.
- Devika Bulchandani is the recipient of several honours and accolades including NY Power Woman by New York Moves Magazine, US Advertising Agency Head of the Year by Campaign magazine, and Working Mother of the Year by She Runs It.
- In September 2022, it was announced that in October 2022, the New York Women in Communications (NYWIC) would honour Devika Bulchandani as a woman “making a difference, building community, and inspiring the next generation of female leaders in their field” at the 2022 Matrix Awards.
- Once, in a media interview, Devika Bulchandani disclosed that she liked cooking Thai dishes, including curry paste from scratch in her leisure time and had mastered twenty of them. Vouge
|↑1||Devika’s Instagram Account|
|↑3||Devika’s LinkedIn Account|