Gautam Singh Vig is an Indian actor. He is popularly known for his work in famous Indian television series such as ‘Saath Nibhaana Saathiya 2,’ ‘Ishq Subhan Allah,’ and many more.
Gautam Singh Vig was born on Sunday, 27 September 1987 (age 35 years; as of 2022) in New Delhi. He was brought up in New Delhi. He attended Guru Harkrishan Public School in New Delhi. He pursued a master’s degree in human resources in Canada. According to Gautam, after completing the study of class 12, he applied for moving abroad. As there was a bit long period before leaving for abroad, Gautam worked in a call centre.
Height (approx.): 5′ 11″
Weight (approx.): 75 kg
Hair Colour: Brown
Eye Colour: Hazel Brown
Body Measurements (approx.):Chest: 42 inches, Waist: 32 inches, Biceps: 14 inches
Gautam Singh Vig belongs to a Punjabi family in South Delhi.
Parents & Siblings
His father’s name is Vijay Vig, and his mother’s name is Anju Vig.
Anju Vig and Vijay Vig – Gautam’s parents
Gautam has a sister, Ankita Vig, and a brother.
Gautam with his sister, Ankita, and her daughter
Wife & Children
In 2013, Gautam tied the knot with Richa Gera, sister of Ankit Gera, an Indian actor. Richa works as a customer service advisor. Reportedly, the couple was going through a hard time and it was claimed by some media outlets that the pair had split away; however, in an interview in 2019, Gautam made it clear that both of them are living happily together.
Gautam Vig with his wife, Richa Gera
Gautam Singh follows Hinduism.
According to Gautam, he worked as a Human Resource Manager at a bank in Canada.
Reportedly, Gautam started his career as a model. According to the sources, he never saw acting as a career; however, working as a model and collaborating with big companies had influenced him to pursue a career in acting.
In 2016, Gautam made his debut with the daily soap opera ‘Naamkarann’ as ‘Ali.’
Gautam as ‘Ali’ in ‘Naamkarann’ – A still from the television serial
Later, he appeared in various television serials including Tantra, Ishq Subhanallah, and many more. In an interview, Gautam revealed that the first time he appeared on television while he was acting temporarily was in a dance fiction series titled ‘D4 – Get Up & Dance’ premiered on Channel V. Gautam has also appeared in many television commercials.
Gautam Singh marked his debut in the Bollywood film industry with ‘Flat 211’ as ‘Sameer’ in 2017.
Gautam Vig (left), along with another co-star (right), in the film ‘Flat 211’ as Sameer
In 2021, Gautam Singh Vig appeared in a Hindi web series ‘Hai Tauba’ season 2. In the same year, he could be seen on another web series titled ‘Haale Dil on Broken Notes’ as ‘Aryan Raj with the co-star Mannara Chopra who predominantly works in Telugu language films.
Gautam in the series ‘Haale Dil Broken on Notes’ as Aryan Raj
- Vegetarian Food: Paneer Makhani, Rajmah
- Non Vegetarian Food: – Butter Chicken, Chicken Tikka, Fish Tikka
- Dessert(s): Kaju Katli, Milk Cake, Gulab Jamun, Rasgulla, Besan Ke Laddu
- Restaurant(s) (in India): Mainland China, Barbeque Nation
- Hangout Place(s) (in Mumbai): Bandra, Worli
- Destination(s): Spain, France, Poland
- Colour(s): Black, White, Red, Blue
- Hollywood Actor(s): Leonardo Dicaprio, Brad Pitt
- Hollywood Actress: Kate Winslet
- Bollywood Movie(s): Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham (2001), Baghban (2003), Kal Ho Naa Ho (2003)
- Hollywood Movie(s): Titanic (1997), Fifty Shades of Grey (2015)
- Song: ‘Khamoshiyan’ by Arijit Singh
- Gautam Singh Vig goes by the names Billu and Makhna.
- In an interview, Gautam revealed that he wanted to become a cricketer and had no interest in acting earlier. While talking about his interest in cricket, Gautam said,
I always wanted to be a cricketer. I have played cricket till the state level but there was no family support in that. During my school days, I used to entertain everyone and wanted to become an actor. So for me, either acting was the choice or sportsmanship. Sports could never happen and I became an actor.”
- He is a fitness enthusiast and often practices kickboxing and mixed martial arts (MMA). According to Gautam, he likes to read about fitness whenever he gets a chance.
- In an interview, Gautam revealed that when he moved back to India from Canada in 2012, he weighed 120 kg approximately at that time; however, he worked hard on his body to become physically fit and try his luck in the film industry. While talking about his fitness journey in the interview, Gautam said,
I was in Canada. Was studying human resources and working in a bank. After this, in the year 2012, I came to Mumbai for the first time to know this industry. Then I prepared myself for it. I weighed 120 kg at that time. That’s why I worked hard on fitness so that people consider me a hero.”
- While talking about his inspiration in an interview, Gautam revealed that he was inspired by the hard work of Shah Rukh Khan and Hrithik Roshan.
- According to some sources, Gautam did an acting course in Anupam Kher’s Actor Prepares, an institute providing acting courses across the globe, in 2011.