Wife: Ekta Pathak
Father: Ravi Malhotra
Hometown: Mumbai, Maharashtra
|Full name||Karan Ravi Malhotra Instagram- Karan Malhotra|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 170 cm
in meters– 1.70 m
in feet & inches– 5’ 7”
Film (As an assistant director): Pukar (2000)
Film (As director and screenwriter): Agneepath (2012)
|Date of Birth||24 July|
|Relationships & More|
|Wife/Spouse||Ekta Pathak (screenwriter)|
Father– Ravi Malhotra (film producer)
Mother– Name Not Known
Uncle(s)– Prem Chopra (from maternal side), Raj Kapoor (from maternal side)
Cousin(s)– Randhir Kapoor, Rishi Kapoor, Rajiv Kapoor (from maternal side)
Niece– Karisma Kapoor, Kareena Kapoor
Nephew– Ranbir Kapoor
|Actor(s)||Sanjay Dutt, Amitabh Bachchan|
|Film Director(s)||Mukul Anand, Subhash Ghai|
|Film||Indiana Jones (1984)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Karan Malhotra
- Karan Malhotra is an Indian film director, writer, and screenwriter. He made his directorial debut with Dharma Productions Hindi film ‘Agneepath’ (2012).
- In the early 1990s, he worked as a cinematographer in a few Hindi films.
- He has worked as an assistant director in various Hindi films like ‘Lajja’ (2001), ‘Main Hoon Na’ (2004), ‘Jodhaa Akbar’ (2008), and ‘My Name Is Khan’ (2010).
- He received Zee Cine Award for Special Award Power-Club Box Office for the Hindi film ‘Agneepath’ (2012).
Karan Malhotra on the sets of Agneepath
- In 2015, Karan worked as a director, and screenwriter in the Hindi film ‘Brothers.’
- In 2016, he started working on the Hindi film ‘Shuddhi’ which was the adaptation of the book “The Immortals of Meluha” by Amish Tripathi. However, the film got shelved.
- Karan’s directorial film ‘Shamshera’ was released in 2022 which failed to do well at the box office. The film received huge criticism from the critics and audience. On 27 July 2022, Karan took to Instagram to talk about the failure of the film.
Karan Malhotra’s Instagram post on the failure of the film Shamshera at the box office
In an interview, he shared his experience of working with the Indian producer Aditya Chopra in the film, he said,
My first instinct was that I’m gonna have a blast working with him. He is a producer who owns his films, whether they do well or don’t do well. He is standing by them and that is the most important thing. It’s a great value to have. He’s a great producer to have if you’re a director.”
- Karan Malhotra often takes sessions on film direction at the acting school Anupam Kher’s Actor Prepares.
Karan Malhotra during a session at the acting school Actor Prepares
|↑1||Instagram- Karan Malhotra|