Marital Status: Unmarried
Age: 27 Years
|Profession(s)||Athlete (Discus thrower), Income Tax Inspector, Former Railways employee|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 168 cm
in meters– 1.68 m
in feet & inches– 5’ 6”
|Shot put and Discus Throw|
• 2012 National Junior Athletics Championships in shot put (14.89m) and discus throw
• 2014 Federation Cup National Junior Athletics Championships in the shot put with a throw of 15.89m
• 2015 National Games of India in the shot put with a throw of 15.67m
• 2018 Federation Cup in the shot put with a throw of 16.45m
• 2019 South Asian Games in the discus throw with a throw of 49.87m
• 2019 National Inter State Senior Athletics Championships (Lucknow) in discuss throw with a throw of 55.42m
• 2022 National Inter State Senior Athletics Championships (Chennai) in discus throw with a throw of 55.67m
• 2022 Qosanov Memorial Athletics Meet in the discus throw 56.24m
2022 Indian Grand Prix (Bhubaneswar) in the discus throw 58.03m
• 2014 World Athletics U20 Championships in the Discus throw with 56.36m (184 ft 10+3⁄4 in)
|Date of Birth||6 March 1995 (Monday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||27 Years|
|Hometown||Rani Ka Bagh, Amritsar, Punjab|
|School||Sri Guru Harkrishan Sr. Sec. Public School, Amritsar|
|College/University||Khalsa College For Women, Amritsar|
|Relationships & More|
Father– Jaspal Singh Dhillon
Mother– Kuldip Kaur Dhillon
|Siblings||Elder Brother– Jasdip Singh (also known as Jesse Dhillon) (former track and field athlete, Punjab police officer)|
Some Lesser Facts About Navjeet Kaur Dhillon
- Navjeet Kaur Dhillon is an Indian track and field athlete who competes as a Discus thrower. She was the bronze medalist at the 2018 Commonwealth Games and 2014 World Junior Championships in Athletics.
- Born into a family of athletes, she was inclined towards sports since childhood. Her father, Jaspal Singh, is a former national champion in the shot put. Meanwhile, her mother, Kuldip Kaur, was a member of the 1986 Asian Games silver medal-winning hockey team. Her elder brother, Jasdip, was a bronze medallist in the shot put in the 2008 Youth Commonwealth Games.
Childhood picture of Navjeet Kaur Dhillon
- She started training in the shot put under her father and elder brother. At 12, she bagged her first silver medal at nationals.
- During her college days, she actively took part in cultural events in which she performed the Punjabi folk dance Gidha.
Navjeet Kaur Dhillon performing Gidha during her college days in 2011
- She made U-14 and U-16 national records in discus throw in 2008 and 2009 respectively.
- She made her international debut at the 2011 World Youth Championships in Athletics.
- At 16, she won her first international medal and became the second Indian to win a medal at the 2014 World Junior Championships in Athletics after Seema Punia in the 2002 edition of the event. She had to wait for more than two years for getting her cash award for the World Junior Athletics Championships bronze medal.
- In 2013, Dhillon transitioned into the senior ranks, competing in both shot put and discus throw at the Asian Athletics Championships. She placed 9th in shot put and 7th in the discus throw in the championship.
- Navjeet set a new national junior record of 15.89m in the shot put in the Junior Federation Cup in 2014.
- In 2015, she received a cash prize of Rs 9.10 Lakh from the government of Punjab.
Navjeet Kaur Dhillon (centre) posing with her check of Rs 9.10 Lakh awarded by the Punjab government in 2015
- Until 2018, Dhillon was working with Indian Railways as a junior clerk in Amritsar. Later, she became an income tax officer.
- In the first week of January 2018, she suffered a serious injury in the groin and competed in the Commonwealth Games eating three painkillers in which she won a bronze medal.
- For her winning in the 2018 Commonwealth Games, a state-level cash award of Rs 40 lakh by bestowed upon Navjeet Kaur Dhillon by the government of Punjab.
Navjeet Kaur Dhillon receiving a cash prize of Rs 40 lakh from Captain Amarinder Singh
- She is also a recipient of the Maharaja Ranjit Singh Award.
- She promotes various products of MuscleBlaze on her Instagram account.
Navjeet Kaur Dhillon promoting the energy drink MuscleBlaze L-Carnitine Pro
- A tattoo on her left forearm reads ‘ਨਿਰਭਉ’ (Nirbhau), which translates to ‘without fear.’
Navjeet Kaur Dhillon’s tattoo