Age: 28 Years
Height: 5’ 8”
Hometown: Chakkittapara, Kozhikode District, Kerala
|Profession||• Athlete (Track and field)
• Junior Warrant Officer (JWO) in Indian Air Force (IAF)
|Physical Stats & More|
|Birmingham 2022 Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 173 cm
in meters– 1.73 m
in feet & inches– 5’ 8”
|Birmingham 2022Weight||in kilograms– 67 kg
in pounds– 148 lbs
|Track and field|
|International Debut||Czech Athletic Championship, Mlada Boleslav, Czech Republic|
|Event(s)||400m and relay|
|Coach(es)/Mentor(s)||• Raj Mohan MK
• Galina Bukharina
• George P Joseph
|Records (main ones)||
• 2012: State record at under-18 boys 400m in the 56th Kerala State Junior Athletics Championship in Kochi on 13 October 2012 with a clocked timing of 48.99 seconds.
• 2020: Asian record of 3 minutes and 25 seconds at the Tokyo Olympics 2020 in 4*400 men’s relay, breaking the previous record of 3:00.56 set by Qatar at the Asian Games 2018. The Hindu
• 2018: National Open Athletics Championship, Bhubneshwar (men’s 4 x 400m relay)
• 2018: Service Athletic Championship 2018, Karnataka
• 2019: National Open Athletics Championship, Ranchi (men’s 400m)
• 2022: 7th International Sprint and Relay Cup in Erzurum, Turkey (men’s 400m)
|Date of Birth||13 November 1994|
|Age (as of 2022)||28 Years|
|Birthplace||Chakkittapara, Kozhikode district, Kerala|
|Hometown||Chakkittapara, Kozhikode district, Kerala|
|School||Silver Hills Public School, Kozhikode|
|College/University||St. Joseph’s College, Devagiri, Kerala|
|Educational Qualifications||Bachelor of Commerce Noah Nirmal Tom – Facebook|
|Religion/Religious Views||Noah and his family are ardent followers of Jesus. In an interview, Noah revealed that he starts his day by spending time reading the Bible and chanting prayers.|
|Address||B3 NGO Quarters Marikunnu PO Calicut 12|
|Hobbies||Travelling and playing football|
|Relationships & More|
Father– Tomichant T.J
Mother– Alicely Tom (a former national handball player)
• Aaron Ashish Tom
• Joel Jyothish Tom
Noah Nirmal Tom’s brother, Abe John Tom
|Sport(s)||Football and Basketball|
|Quote||“In Jesus ………. for country”|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Noah Nirmal Tom
- Noah Nirmal Tom is an Indian athlete and a junior warrant officer (JCO) in the Indian Air Force, who competes in 400m and in 4 x 400m relay categories. He represented India in the 2019 World Championship in Doha in the men’s 4x400m relay team along with Amoj Jacob, Muhammed Anas Yahiya, and K Suresh Jeevan. Noah booked his position in the relay team for the Commonwealth Games 2022 in Birmingham, England.
- During his school days, Noah actively participated in sports activities, and he spent most of his time on the playground rather than inside the classroom. In an interview, talking about his interest in sports, Noah said,
In school days I used to find comfort on the playground rather than in the classroom. I used to play football and not athletics. In the sixth standard, I started my athletics career,” Olympics.com
- Noah’s physical education teacher, Jose Sebastian, first spotted him in school and advised him to train in athletics. In an interview, Noah talked about his coach and said,
It was my school coach, Jose Sebestian, who spotted my talent and insisted on making a career in athletics and started tutoring me. After that in 2010, I enrolled myself in the Sports Authority of India hostel Kozhikode. Fistosports
- Initially, Noah started his athletic career with 100m and 200m dash. In 2010, he enrolled himself in the Sports Authority of India (SAI) hostel at Kozhikode to train himself in a professional athletic setup. While training at the SAI academy in Kozhikode, he participated in various sprint tournaments.
- While training in Sports Authority of India, Noah met coach George P Joseph, who advised him to race in the 400m category. In 2014, Noah joined the Indian Air Force (IAF) as a sergeant, and he started his training for 400m under the mentorship of coach Raj Mohan MK.
Noah Nirmal Tom as Sergeant in the Indian Air Force
In an interview, talking about how he switched to 400m, Noah said,
Coach George P Joseph, turned my course to 400metres, which was the biggest turning point in my career. And from there in 2014, I made my cut into the India Air force under coach Rajmohan MK and he churned a professional 400 metre runner out of me and made me run 45:96 seconds and I made it to the Indian camp on October 2018.
- Noah took part in the men’s 400m at the 56th Kerala State junior athletics championship in Kochi on 13 October 2012, with a clocked timing of 48.99 seconds.
Noah Nirmal Tom at the 56th Kerala State junior athletics championship in Kochi
- He competed in the men’s relay 4*400 at the Junior South Asian Athletic Championship in Ranchi in 2013.
Noah posing with his silver medal at the Junior South Asian Athletic Championship in Ranchi in 2013
- In 2014, based on his performance on the track, Noah Nirmal Tom was offered to serve the Indian Air Force (IAF) as a sergeant.
- In October 2019, Noah competed in the mixed 4x400m relay at the World Athletics Championship in Doha along with Muhammed Anas, VK Vismaya, and Jisna Matthew, but finished with the 7th position in the finals with a reported timing of 3:03.09s.
Noah Nirmal Tom at World Athletics Championship in Doha
- Noah competed in the men’s 4x400m relay in Tokyo Olympics 2020 along with his teammates Muhammed Anas Yahiya, Arokia Rajiv, and Amoj Jacob. Noah ran the second leg with a reported timing of 45.05 seconds. Though, they broke the Asian record for men’s 4*400 relay, but couldn’t qualify for the finals.
Noah Nirmal Tom (right) at Tokyo Olympics 2020
- In March 2022, Noah participated in the Indian Grand Prix-2 in Bhubneshwar, and he clocked a timing of 46.19 seconds.
- In April 2022, Noah participated in the 4x400m men’s relay at the National Inter-State Senior Athletics Championship 2022 along with Muhammed Anas Yahiya, Amoj Jacob, and Arokia Rajiv.
- Noah competed at the 25th AFI National Federation Cup Senior Athletics Championship in April 2022 men’s 400 m with a clocked timing of 46.81 seconds.
- In June 2022, he competed in the men’s 400m at the 7th International Sprint & Relay Cup, Atatürk University Stadium, Erzurum with a clocked timing of 45.83 seconds.
- Noah participated in the National Inter State Senior Athletics Championship at Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium, Chennai in June 2022 with a reported timing of 46.44 seconds in the men’s 400m category.
- Noah considers Mohamad Anas Yahiya, an Indian sprinter, his inspiration. In an interview, Noah talked about him and said,
I consider Mohamad Anas, who also falls under the same discipline as me, my inspiration. I always perceive challenges in accordance with him, it’s like if he can do it, I can also do it. Fistosports
|↑1, ↑2||Birmingham 2022|
|↑4||Noah Nirmal Tom – Facebook|