Pramod Shetty is an Indian actor known for his work in Kannada films. He played a significant role in the film “Kantara.”
Pramod Shetty was born on Wednesday, 31 August 1983 (age 39 years; as of 2022) in Kundapura, Udupi district, Karnataka, India. His Zodiac sign is Virgo. He attended the Vijaya College (earlier known as BHS First Grade college) in Jayanagar, Bengaluru.
Height (approx.): 5′ 10″
Weight (approx.): 90 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Full image of Pramod Shetty
Parents & Siblings
There is not much information available about his parents and siblings.
Wife & Children
Pramod Shetty married Supreetha Shetty, an Indian actress, in December 2010. The couple has two children, a son, and a daughter.
Pramod Shetty with his wife and children
Pramod Shetty started his acting career with theatrical production. He made his Kannada debut as a supporting actor with the film “Jugaari” in 2010. The actor got recognition in the film industry after playing the role of Dinesha in the film “Ulidavaru Kandante” (2014).
Parmod Shetty (right) in a still from the film ‘Ulidavaru Kandante’
Pramod Shetty was the co-producer of the film “Katha Sangama” (2019) and also appeared as a supporting actor in the film. In 2020, the actor played his first lead role in the film “Ondu Shikariya Kathe.”
Poster of the film ‘Ondu Shikariya Kathe’
His performance as Tukaram in the film “Avane Srimannarayana” (2019) and as Guddi Sudhakara in the film “Kantara” (2022) received a huge acclamation from the audience.
Poster of the 2022 film ‘Kantara’
In 2023, he made his Malayalam debut with the film “Ajayante Randam Moshanam.” Some other films in which Shetty played notable roles include “Kirik Party” (2016), “Sarkaari Hiriya Praathamika Shaale, Kaasaragodu, Koduge: Raamanna Rai” (2018), “Bell Bottom” (2018), “Hero” (2021), and “Harikathe Alla Girikathe” (2022).
Poster of the film ‘Harikathe Alla Girikathe’
Awards, Honours, Achievements
- Pramod Shetty got nominated for the Best Comedian at the South Indian International Movie Award 2017 for his performance in the film “Kirik Party” (2016).
- In 2021, he was nominated for Best Supporting Role at the South Indian International Movie Award 2021 for the film “Avane Srimannarayana” (2019).
- He was also nominated for Best Actor in a Debut Role at South Indian International Movie Award 2021 for the film “Ondu Shikariya Kathe” (2020).
- The actor won an award for Best Actor in a Negative Role at South Indian International Movie Award 2022 for his performance in the film “Hero” (2021).
- In 2022, he won the ‘Chittara Star Award’ for Outstanding Achievement in Kannada Film Industry.
- He won ‘Chanakya Award’ for Communicator of the Year in 2022.
- In September 2022, Shetty won the SIIMA Award for Best Villian.
Pramod Shetty after receiving the SIIMA Award
- Before entering the film industry, Pramod Shetty acted in many television serials.
- Shetty wanted to become a racer since his childhood and learned to drive when he was eight years old. While talking about this in an interview, he said,
I learnt to drive when I was eight; my first tutor being a driver called Paddu. By the time I was in Class 10, my family would let me drive them from Mangaluru to Kundapura.”
- The actor considered working in the film “Avan Srimannarayana” to be his dream come true, as the film was dubbed in different languages. While talking about this in an interview, he said,
I did get offers in Tamil and Telugu films, but I had to give them up because of date issues. Today, I am not feeling sorry about that, because I am spreading my wings with an ambitious project, which is releasing in all south Indian languages as well as Hindi.”