Caste: Sakya Wife: Seema Singh Shakya Age: 54 Years
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 173 cm
in meters– 1.73 m
in feet & inches– 5’ 8”
|Political Party||• Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) (7 February 2022 – present)
• Pragatisheel Samajwadi Party (Lohia) (2017-2022)
• Samajwadi Party (SP) (resigned on 27 January 2017)
|Political Journey||• Elected to the 13th Lok Sabha in 1999
• Re-elected to the 14th Lok Sabha (2nd term) in 2004
• Elected to the Uttar Pradesh Legislative assembly from the Etawah Sadar seat in 2012
• On 27 January 2017, he resigned from the Samjawadi Party following a dispute between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Singh Yadav and joined Shivpal Singh Yadav’s Pragatisheel Samajwadi Party (Lohia).
• After serving the Pragatisheel Samajwadi Party (Lohia) as its State President for five years, he resigned from the party and joined the BJP on 7 February 2022.
• On 16 November 2022, he filed his nomination for the Mainpuri Lok Sabha bypoll against the Samajwadi Party’s candidate Dimple Yadav on a ticket of the BJP. The Hindu
|Date of Birth||1 July 1968 (Monday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||54 Years|
|Birthplace||Dhaulpur Khera, Etawah, Uttar Pradesh, India|
|Hometown||Dhaulpur Khera, Etawah, Uttar Pradesh|
|College/University||Agra University, Shikohabad, Agra, Uttar Pradesh Lok Sabha|
|Educational Qualification||M.Com. Lok Sabha|
|Address||60B, Friends Colony, Etawah, Uttar Pradesh, India Lok Sabha|
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||9 May 1998 (Saturday)|
|Wife/Spouse||Seema Singh Shakya (politician)|
• Piyush Raj Shakya
• Ayush Raj Shakya
|Parents||Father– Paatiram Shakya (wrestler)
Mother– Ramvati Shakya
|Car Collection||Tata Safari|
• Cash Rs. 1,00,000
• Bank Deposits Rs. 9,90,460
• Bonds, Debentures and Shares Rs. 8,00,000
• NSS, Postal Savings Rs. 27,500
• LIC or other insurance Policies Rs. 1,08,307
• Personal loans/advance given Rs. 13,27,937
• Motor Vehicles Rs. 4,00,000
• Jewellery Rs. 8,00,000
• Other Assets (Revolver Gun) Rs. 2,15,000
Note:– The given estimates of movable and immovable assets are according to the year 2012. It excludes the assets owned by his wife and dependents (minor). MyNeta
|Net Worth||Rs. 1,66 Crore (as in 2012) MyNeta|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Raghuraj Singh Shakya
- Raghuraj Singh Shakya is an Indian politician and agricultural consultant. Before joining the Bharatiya Janata Party, he was the President of the Pragatisheel Samajwadi Party (Lohiya) in Uttar Pradesh.
Shivpal Singh Yadav with Raghuraj Singh Shakya
- Raghuraj Singh Shakya Samajwadi Party considers the late Mulayam Singh Yadav his political guru.
- While studying at Adarsh Krishna College, Shikohabad, Uttar Pradesh, he was a student union leader.
- During his college days, he was the Vice-President of Yuva Adhikar Jagran Manch, Uttar Pradesh; he was also appointed General Secretary of the Akhil Bharatiya Jan Adhikar Jagran Manch and Suryavanshi Ekikaran Manch in New Delhi.
- In 1999, he contested the Lok Sabha election for the first time from the Etawah Sadar constituency on a ticket of the Samajwadi Party; he won the election by a significant margin of votes.
- From 1999 to 2000, he was a member of various parliamentary committees including the Committee on Home Affairs, the Committee on Private Members’ Bills and Resolutions, the Committee on Energy and Member, and the Committee on Public Accounts.
- From 2000 to 2004, he was a member of the Consultative Committee, Ministry of Rural Development.
- In 2004, he was re-elected to the Lok Sabha from the Etawah Sadar constituency.
- In 2005, he became a member of the Committee on Defence and the Committee on Water Resources.
- On 1 May 2008, Raghuraj Singh Shakya was appointed as a member of the Financial Committee on Estimates.
- During his tenure as a Member of Parliament, he also served as a member of the Standing Committee on Coal and Steel.
- Raghuraj Singh Shakya’s wife, Seema Singh Shakya, also remains active in politics, and she often accompanies him at various political gatherings and rallies.
Raghuraj Singh Shakya with his wife presenting a bouquet to Keshav Prasad Maurya
- He contested the 2009 Lok Sabha election from the Fatehpur Sikri constituency on a ticket of the Samajwadi Party against the BSP candidate Seema Upadhyay; he lost the election and stood in the fourth position.
- In his affidavit for the 2012 Uttar Pradesh Assembly election, he mentioned a revolver, a rifle, and a gun that he owned. Jansatta.com
- On 7 February 2022, he joined the Bharatiya Janata Party after quitting the Samajwadi Party, citing that senior leaders had no respect in the Samajwadi Party.
- He is very close to Shivpal Singh Yadav, the national president of the Pragatisheel Samajwadi Party (Lohia).
- In November 2022, the BJP announced that Uttar Pradesh Raghuraj Singh Shakya would contest against the Samajwadi Party’s candidate Dimple Yadav in the Mainpuri Lok Sabha bypoll; the Mainpuri seat became vacant after the demise of Mulayam Singh Yadav. The Samajwadi Party had been retaining the Mainpuri Lok Sabha seat since 1996.
- On 16 November 2022, before filing his nomination for the Mainpuri Lok Sabha bypoll, Raghuraj Singh Shakya visited the tomb of Mulayam Singh Yadav and sought his blessings.
Raghuraj Singh Shakya visited the tomb of his political mentor late Mulayam Singh Yadav and sought his blessings.
Later, he visited the Election Commission’s office to file his nomination in the presence of deputy CM Keshav Prasad Maurya and BJP state president Bhupendra Singh Chaudhary.
Raghuraj Singh Shakya filed his nomination for the Mainpuri Lok Sabha bypoll on 16 November 2022
|↑2, ↑3, ↑5||Lok Sabha|