Rashmi Singh is an Indian lyricist who gained popularity after writing the lyrics of the song ‘Muskurane’ for the film CityLights (2014). She is also famous for being a part of the duo Rashmi Virag.
Hair Colour: Brown
Eye Colour: Black
Parents & Siblings
There is not much information about her family.
Husband & Children
Rashmi is married to Virag Mishra, who is a song lyricist. They have a daughter, Ara.
Rashmi Singh with her husband
Rashmi made her singing debut with the single ‘Muskurane’ from the film CityLights (2014).
Poster of the film CityLights
She made her debut in the duo (Rashmi Virag) with the song Hamari Adhuri Kahani (Title Track) for the film Hamari Adhuri Kahani (2015).
Poster of the film Hamari Adhuri Kahani
She has written songs like Darbadar for the film CityLights (2014), Khamoshiyan for the film Khamoshiyan (2015), Kya Khoya for the film Khamoshiyan (2015), Teri Khushboo for the film Mr. X (2015), and Mr. X (Title Song) (2015).
Poster of the film Khamoshiyan (2015)
She has written duet songs with Virag like Yeh Kaisi Jagah for the film Hamari Adhuri Kahani (2015), Mujhko Barsaat Bana Lo for the film Junooniyat (2016), Bandeya Re Bandeya for the film Simmba (2018), Sukhriya for the film Sadak 2 (2020), and Mere Yaara for the film Sooryavanshi (2021).
Poster of the film Simmba
- 2014: Upcoming Lyricist of The Year for the song Muskurane’ from the film CityLights (2014) at Mirchi Music Awards
- 2015: Best Lyrics for the song ‘Muskurane’ from the film CityLights (2014) at the Filmfare awards
- Rasmi and Virag fell in love with each other when they were in school. Before becoming a song lyricist, her husband Virag did a corporate. After Rashmi gained popularity with the song Muskurane’ from the film CityLights (2014), Virag also joined her in songwriting.
- In an interview, she said that honesty was a basic requirement of writing any song.
- The duo covers almost all genres of music including religious, romantic, pop, etc.
- In an interview, her husband said that they were successful only because of Rashmi. He further added,
Rashmi does. In her eyes are all my songs, her thoughts and her simplicity make me sway? She is my wife, my partner, my love, and the reason why I still exist. If she is not happy with a song or a melody I don’t do it.”