Age: 48 Years Husband: Manish Gupta Hometown: Julahna, Haryana
|Known for||Being elected as the BJP candidate from Delhi for the seat of mayor in the Municipal Corporation of Delhi (MCD) for the January 2023 elections|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 165 cm
in meters– 1.65 m
in feet & inches– 5’ 5”
|Political Party||Bharatiya Janata Party|
|Political Journey||• 1992: Joined students’ organization Akhil Bhartiya Vidyarthi Parishad (ABVP)
• 1994-1995: Secretary of Daulat Ram College
• 1995-1996: Secretary of Delhi University Students Union (DUSU)
• 1996-1997: President of Delhi University Student Union (DUSU)
• 2003-2004: Secretary of Bhartiya Janta Party Yuva Morcha Delhi
• 2004-2006: National Secretary of BJP Yuva Morcha
• 2007: Councilor from Uttari Pitampura (Ward 54)
• 2007-2009: Chairperson of Women Welfare and Child Development Committee
• 2009: General Secretary of Delhi state Mahila Morcha
• 2010: National Executive Member of BJP
• 2022: Elected as the BJP candidate from Delhi for the seat of mayor in the Municipal Corporation of Delhi
|Date of Birth||19 July 1974 (Friday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||48 Years|
|School||• Manender Shakti Vidyalaya, Keshavpuram
• Government Girls Senior Secondary School, Ashok Vihar
|College/University||• Daulat Ram College, Delhi
• Chaudhary Charan Singh University, Meerut
• Delhi University
|Educational Qualification(s)||• Bachelor of Commerce My Neta
• LLB My Neta
• Master of Arts Rekha Gupta.in
• Master of Business Administration Rekha Gupta.in
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||28 June 1998|
|Husband/Spouse||Manish Gupta (businessman)|
Daughter– Harshita Gupta (businesswoman) (picture in husband section)
|Parents||Father– Jai Bhagwan Jindal (branch manager of State Bnak of India)
Mother– Urmila Jindal (homemaker)
Cash: Rs. 1,55,000
Bank Deposits: Rs. 38,06,416
Motor Vehicles: Rs. 6,10,000
Jewellery: Rs. 15,52,500
Other Assets: Rs. 7,50,000
|Net Worth (approx.)||Rs. 1 Crore 80 Lakh My Neta|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Rekha Gupta
- Rekha Gupta is an Indian politician who was elected as the BJP candidate from Delhi for the seat of mayor in the Municipal Corporation of Delhi (MCD) for the January 2023 elections.
- She was good in her studies as well as extracurricular activities in school and college.
Rekha Gupta during her college days
- When she was the president of DUSU, she came up with the idea of the Common Admission Form which became beneficial to many students. She formed a committee against sexual harassment and a campus committee for harassment and eve-teasing of girls in college. She came forward to increase the university’s special busses for students.
- After becoming the councillor, she completed the multi-utility comprehensive project at CU Block Market, Pitampura which included the installation of a swimming pool, gym, library, and community hall in the area. She came up with the idea of a comprehensive underground parking facility to solve the problem of parking in the area. She developed a park in every block in the area and named them after the characters of Ramayan. She made a councillor administrative office in Haiderpur to listen to the problems of slum people. She also solved other problems like installing street lights in the Haiderpur area, regular distribution of pensions to the poor, senior citizens, and widows, maintenance of roads, a helpline number for sexual harassment against women, and movable garbage trucks in the Pitampura area.
- As the chairperson of the Women’s Welfare and Child Development committee, she started the ‘sumedha yojna’ to provide cash to girls from poor families for their higher education. She also started a plan to provide pensions to divorced women and women who live separately after marriage. She organized personality development programs for women who became councillors in which lectures were delivered by Smt. Sushma Swaraj and Smt. Krishna Tirath. She also gave rewards to 9 lakh students of MCD schools in Delhi who were good in their studies. She held free health check-up camps for children and women in Delhi. She worked towards creating awareness about female feticide and child labour.
Rekha Gupta distributing rewards to students
- She started an NGO name ‘AAS Foundation’- An Active Association for Society to help people in society. The people who worked in the organization were mainly housewives who were motivated to do some social work. She started a donation programme called Chalo Sudama Dwar. She is the women trustee and women coordinator of Maharaja Agrasen International Kidney Hospital which provides affordable and free treatment to needy people. As a member of the PU-Ramlila Committee Pitampura (Awarded No-1 Ramlila in Delhi), she has held many events for the marriage of girls from poor families. She actively participated in a movement to protest against Cow Killing (Go –hatya).
- In the year 2000, she started her venture in handicrafts which gave employment to many young girls. She runs her own handicraft business ‘Aakriti Handicraft and Events’ which is popular for handicraft items, festival/seasonal decorations, corporate mementoes and events/theme management.
- In 2022, she was selected as the candidate from BJP for the Delhi mayoral elections. In an interview, she talked about her nomination and said,
I appeal to all the councillors that vote for the development and betterment of Delhi. I hope they will choose the right mayor for the city listening to the voice of their conscience.”
|↑2, ↑5, ↑6||My Neta|
|↑3, ↑4||Rekha Gupta.in|