Religion: Islam Age: 28 Years Profession: Photojournalist
|Profession||Photojournalist, Documentary Photographer|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 158 cm
in meters– 1.58 m
in feet & inches– 5’ 2”
|Works At||Reuters (as Multimedia Journalist)|
|Award||2022: Pulitzer Prize for Feature Photography|
|Date of Birth||Year, 1994|
|Age (as of 2022)||28 Years|
|Birthplace||Srinagar, Jammu and Kashmir|
|College/University||Central University of Kashmir|
|Educational Qualification||Master’s degree in Convergent Journalism The Wire|
|Relationships & More|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Sanna Irshad Mattoo
- Sanna Irshad Matto is an Indian photojournalist and documentary photographer based in Srinagar, Jammu and Kashmir, who focuses on reporting the tension between the locals and the Indian security forces in Kashmir.
- Her work has been published in newspapers and magazines in different countries and has also been displayed in various exhibitions and festivals.
- In 2021, she became one of the eleven Magnum Foundation’s ‘Photography and Social Justice Fellows.’ Sanna Irshad Mattoo – Twitter
- In 2022, she received the Pulitzer Prize for Feature Photography, which was shared by her fellow Reuters photojournalists Adnan Abidi, Amit Dave, and Danish Siddiqui (deceased). The Pulitzer Prizes
- Sanna Irshad Matto won the Pulitzer Prize for her reports on Covid-19.
- Reportedly, while travelling to New York for receiving the Pulitzer Prize in October 2022, Sanna Irshad Mattoo was stopped by immigration officials at the Delhi airport despite holding a valid US visa and ticket. As per sources, she was stopped for the second time from travelling internationally. Earlier, she was stopped at Delhi airport from travelling to Paris for a book launch and photography exhibition. Sanna shared the incident through a picture on social media.
I was on my way to receive the Pulitzer award ( @Pulitzerprizes) in New York but I was stopped at immigration at Delhi airport and barred from traveling internationally despite holding a valid US visa and ticket. pic.twitter.com/btGPiLlasK
— Sanna Irshad Mattoo (@mattoosanna) October 18, 2022
- The Press Club of India expressed disappointment with the decision of the government to stop Sanna Irshad Mattoo to travel the United States and posted a note on social media asking the government to solve the matter.
The Press Club of India fails to comprehend the Government decision to stop Pulitzer prize winning Kashmiri journalist Sanah Mattoo to travel to the US to receive the prize.
The government should come out clean on this matter. pic.twitter.com/nnkcmkzo7Y
— Press Club of India (@PCITweets) October 20, 2022
|↑2||Sanna Irshad Mattoo – Twitter|
|↑3||The Pulitzer Prizes|