Sanoop Santhosh is an Indian child actor based in the Malayalam film industry. He is recognised for his great work in Malayalam films such as ‘Philips and the Monkey Pen’ and ‘Jo and The Boy.’ Sanoop is also known as the younger brother of Sanusha Santhosh, an Indian actress who started working in the Malayalam film industry as a child actress and now is a popular figure who not only works in Malayalam language films but also has been a part of various Telugu and Tamil films.
Sanoop Santhosh was born on Friday, 12 December 2003 (age 18 years; as of 2021) in Kannur Kerala, India. He studied at the Sreepuram English Medium High School And Junior College, Pallikunnu, in Kannur, Kerala.
Childhood picture of Sanoop Santhosh
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Sanoop Santhosh was born into a Malayalee family in Kannur, Kerala.
Parents & Siblings
His father’s name is Santhosh and his mother’s name is Usha Santhosh. He has an elder sister, Sanusha Santhosh, who is an established Indian actor in the Malayalam film industry.
Sanoop Santhosh with his family
Sanoop with his sister, Sanusha Santhosh
In 2013, Sanoop made his debut in the Malayalam film industry as Ryan Philip in the film ‘Philips and the Monkey Pen.’ Sanoop won various awards for the movie as it was a big hit. In 2014, he played the role of Cameo in the film ‘Peruchazhi.’ Sanoop appeared as Aadi Bhaskar in the film ‘Bhaskar the Rascal’ and Criz in the film ‘Jo and The Boy’ in 2015. Both of these films came out to be award-winning films. The Bollywood remake of ‘Bhaskar the Rascal’ was released in 2018, starring Salman Khan and Kareena Kapoor with the title ‘Bodygaurd.’ In 2016, Sanoop was featured as Niranjan Keshav, one of the two sons of the protagonists in a family thriller film ‘Kuttikalundu Sookshikkuka.’ In the film ‘Munthirivallikal Thalirkkumbol,’ a family drama and comedy film, Sanoop appeared as Jerry; the movie won the National Film Award for ‘Special Jury’ (Feature Film) which is presented annually by the Directorate of Film Festivals, an organisation set up by Ministry of Information and Broadcasting, India. In 2018, Sanoop played the role of Adam in the comedy film ‘Johny Johny Yes Appa.’
Sanoop Santhosh in ‘Philips and the Monkey Pen’ as Ryan Philip
Poster of ‘Jo and the Boy’ (2015) starring Manju Warrior and Sanoop Santhosh
A youth from Malappuram, Kerala, was arrested for posing as child actor Sanoop Santhosh on Whatsapp. A complaint was filed in the Kannur Town Police Station by Sanoop’s father after learning the same. According to the media, the police said that the profile picture created by the accused was of Sanoop Santhosh with his sister, Sanusha Santhosh. Reportedly, the accused used to send obscene text messages to Malayalam female actors and a SIM card was found which he had stolen two years before the incident. The accused was charged under the Information Technology Act with sections 66C and 66D.
- In 2013, Sanoop won the 2013 Kerala State Film Awards for the Best Child Actor for the film ‘Philips and the Monkey Pen.’
- In 2014, Sanoop won the awards in the category of Best Child Artist for the film ‘Philips and the Monkey Pen,’ presented in various ceremonies such as the Kerala Film Critics Association Awards, South Indian International Movie Awards (SIIMA Awards), Asiavision Awards, Asianet Films Awards, Exo-Amritha Films Awards, Jaihind Films Awards, and the 10th Ramu Karyat Awards.
- In 2014, Sanoop Santhosh was nominated for SIIMA Awards in the category of Best Debutant(Male) in the Malayalam language film.
- In 2015, Sanoop won the 11th Ramu Kariat Awards, named after Indian film Director Ramu Kariat, who has directed many award-winning films in the Malayalam language such as ‘Neelakuyil,’ ‘Chemmeen,’ ‘Mudiyanaya Puthran,’ and many more.
- Film: ‘Philips and the Monkey Pen’ directed by Rojin Thomas and Shanil Muhammed
- Actor(s): Amitabh Bachchan, Kamal Haasan, Mammootty, and Mohanlal