Sourav Joshi is an Indian YouTuber who is known for the vlogs on his channel ‘Sourav Joshi Vlogs.’
Sourav Joshi was born on Friday, 8 September 2000 (age 22 years; as of 2022) in Haldwani, Uttarakhand. His zodiac sign is Virgo. His hometown is Almora, Uttrakhand. She pursued a bachelor of fine arts degree at a college in Hansi, Haryana.
Sourav Joshi’s YouTube video about his education qualification
Height (approx.): 5′ 5″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Parents & Siblings
Sourav’s father’s name is Harish Joshi, who works as a carpenter. His mother’s name is Hema Joshi, who is a homemaker.
Sourav Joshi with his parents
He has a younger brother, Sahil Joshi.
Sourav Joshi with his brother
He follows Hinduism.
Sourav Joshi blowing a shank
Sourav started his YouTube journey when he was in class twelfth. He started the channel Sourav Joshi Arts and started posting videos of his sketch-making. In 2018, he received the silver button from YouTube for his channel ‘Sourav Joshi Arts.’
Sourav Joshi with his silver button from YouTube for his channel ‘Sourav Joshi Arts’
In 2019, he started another YouTube channel ‘Sourav Joshi Vlogs’ and the first video he posted was ‘How I draw Ms Dhoni’ in which he shared a sketching tutorial.
Sourav Joshi’s first video
He gained a lot of popularity for the vlogs he posted during the first wave of Covid-19. He uploads videos from his hometown Uttrakhand, where he promotes the culture and beauty of his state. During the lockdown, he made 365 videos for 365 days. In an interview, he talked about these vlogs and said,
It all still seems unreal and a miracle to me. I was extremely disappointed when initially my vlogs channel didn’t live up to my expectations. However, it was interesting to learn that people loved and appreciated my 365 days challenge vlogs which merely highlighted what my day looked like. Living in the hills all of my life, I started this campaign to provide a sneak peek into the Pahari life. This particular idea/campaign changed my life. I am really grateful to my audiences for accepting my true self. YouTube is a platform for me to be truly myself show my family, my town, and my candid life.”
In 2021, he appeared in the music video Mauja.
He appeared in various music videos ‘Fati Jeans’ (2021), ‘Pakki Wali Dosti’ (2022), ‘Tera Ho Raha Hoon’ (2022), ‘Pyaari Teri Yaari’ (2022), and ‘Manzoore Nazar’ (2022).
In 2022, Sourav attracted controversy when a YouTube ‘Neon Man’ posted a video on his channel in which he said that Sourav behaved rudely with his followers. Neon Man posted the video on his channel after watching a video by a vlogger named ‘Gora Vlogger’ in which he said that he went to meet Sourav outside his house, but he did not meet him nicely. Sourav commented on the video posted by Neon and said that he did not tell the whole story, and he tried to defame him. Neon replied to Sourav and said that he was just doing his work. Later, Sourav deleted the comment on Neon’s video. After some time, another vlogger, Manoj Dey commented on Neon Man’s video and said that Sourav was very rude and he even blocked him for posting a hate video about Sourav’s brother, Piyush.
He owns a KTM bike.
Sourav Joshi posing on his KTM
- He owns a Fortuner.
Sourav Joshi posing with his fortuner
- He owns a Thar.
Sourav Joshi posing with his thar
- When Sourav was a kid, his father went to Haryana and started working as a carpenter. In an interview, his father said that he used to earn very less and could only fulfil the basic needs of his family. He further added that the financial condition of his family changed after Sourav started earning money from his channel.
Sourav Joshi as a child
- Sourav worked really hard and was about to get a golden play button from YouTube in 2020, but in November 2020, in a vlog, he said that he did not receive the button because he posted videos that were against community guidelines.
- In 2021, he received an offer from a Delhi-based influencer marketing and talent management firm, Opraahfx, to direct and manage his brand building, brand partnerships, content strategy, digital presence, and PR activities. In an interview, he talked about this and said,
OpraahFx being one of the pioneering influencer management and marketing firms in India, I am confident that the team would help me elevate my brand value by many folds. OpraahFx coming with experience in representing India’s leading YouTube talents and creating effective branded campaigns, I am extremely positive that the team under Pranav’s leadership will only help me boost my chanrnel, content, and revenue. Eagerly looking forward to working with this young team of king-makers.”
- In an interview, he said that he was angry and sad because of the way his fans behaved around him. He further added that once his eleven-year-old cousin was pushed away because some fans wanted to click pictures with Sourav. He also said that his fans gather around his house, due to which he receives notices and complaints from the complex authorities. In the interview, he further added,
I think these wild fan interactions are more common in the smaller towns. Maybe the community gets too excited seeing someone succeeding from their region. There’s nothing wrong with that, but there should be control.”
- In September 2022, he was part of the event ‘Unacademy One’ organized by Unacademy.
- He has a tattoo inked on his right hand.
Sourav Joshi’s tattoo