Age: 43 Husband: Rajiev DevInder Marital Status: Married
|Famous for||Singing the signature tune of the AIR FM channel of All India Radio and Amul India (1998)|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Citation Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 162 cm
in meters– 1.62 m
in feet & inches– 5’ 4”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms– 60 kg
in pounds– 132 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||36-30-36|
|Eye Colour||Light Brown|
|Hair Colour||Dark Brown|
|Debut||As a singer: (Album)
• 1998: Ho Gayi Hai Mohabbat Tumse (Reprise)
As an actor: (Film)
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||• 2020: Bharat Ratna DR. A.P.J Abdul Kalam Awards- Voice of Soul
• 2018: Best Playback Singer Award at Dadasaheb Phalke International Film Festival
• 1998: Channel V Award (1998) for Best Indian Music Video for “Ho Gayi Hai Mohabbat”
•2020: Felicitated at Hunar Haat (Mumbai), a forum to preserve, protect, and promote local artists and craftsmen
|Date of Birth||12 January 1979 (Friday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||43 Years|
|College/University||Lady Shri Ram College for Women, Delhi|
|Educational Qualification||BA in English Literature|
|Political Inclination||Bhartiya Janata Party|
|Hobbies||Practising Yoga, Dancing|
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||6 February|
|Husband/Spouse||Rajiev DevInder (Bollywood actor)|
|Parents||Father– Unknown (Indian armed forces)
Mother– Punam Kashyap (Director of Education at the Delhi World Foundation, Delhi)
|Siblings||Brother– Ashish Kashyap
|Singer(s)||Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan and Arijit Singh|
|Street food||Gol Gappa, Papri chaat, Butter chicken, Momos, and Samosa|
|Monument||Humayun’s Tomb, Delhi|
|Shopping place(s)||Dilli Haat, Sarojini Nagar, and CP–I|
|Singer-Songwriter(s)||Madonna and Michael Jackson|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Shibani Kashyap
- Shibani Kashyap is an Indian singer and composer who rose to fame after she lent her voice to the AIR FM channel of All India Radio in 1996. After singing their signature tune, she instantly came under the limelight.
- Her father is an ex-serviceman from the Indian armed forces. Shibani’s mother’s name is Punam Kashyap. In 2015, Punam was appointed as the Director of education at the Delhi World Foundation.
- Shibani graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree in English Literature from Lady Shri Ram College for Women in Delhi.
- She has done her schooling in several places such as Banihal, Srinagar, Gulmarg, Dehradun, Pune, Assam, and Delhi. YouTube- Prasar Bharati Archives
- When she was studying in school, she was promoted to the lead singer of the school choir. After that, she started participating actively in Inter-school vocal competitions. Once, Shibani enrolled to participate in the Vocal Music National Competition, Delhi, in which she was announced as the winner. Later, she continued to participate and won this competition three times in a row under the junior category, sub-senior category, and senior category.
- Shibani was encouraged by Jagjeet Singh to pursue music as a career.
- During an interview, Shibani shared that she was one of the band members of a Delhi-based band “Black slades” (now called “JEREMIAH 29:11”).
- In 1998, she made her singing debut with her first superhit album “Ho Gayi Hai Mohabbat Tumse (Reprise).” Songs including “Zinda Hoon Main” from the film ‘Zinda’ (2006), “Sajna Aa Bhi Jaa” from ‘Waisa Bhi Hota Hai Part II’ (2003), and “Kashmakash” from ‘Sunday’ (2008) helped her achieve popularity.
- She collaborated with Bappi Lahiri on the song ‘Zamaana Toh Hai Disco Ka.’
- After singing the jingle for ‘Subah Savere,’ a television show on Doordarshan, Shibani earned the title of Jingle Queen.
- Shibani has composed songs which promote social movements such as Save girl child and women empowerment.
- After the 26/11 attacks, she recorded an anti-terrorism Hindi song titled Alvida (My Free Spirit) in 2010.
- Singing the signature tune of the AIR FM channel of All India Radio in 1996 was a cherry on top for Shibani’s career.
- In 2005, Shibani won the Best Female Pop Singer award for the album ‘Nazakat’ at the Sangeet Awards held in San Francisco, USA.
- On 3 October 2010, Shibani performed during the opening ceremony of the 19th Commonwealth Games Delhi-2010 in New Delhi.
(3 October 2010); Shibani Kashyap performing at the opening ceremony of the 19th Commonwealth Games held in New Delhi 2010
- On 12 March 2015, she performed on the 45th Independence day of Mauritius, where President Pranab Mukherjee and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh were the guests of honour.
- Shibani Kashyap is the Brand Ambassador of ‘Roundtable India,’ an NGO that helps the poor people in India including providing education to underprivileged children.
- Shibani is the brand endorser of Yamaha Guitars. Twitter- Shibani Kashyap
- After appearing as a host on the Indian reality TV show ‘Desi Beats,’ Shibani appeared as one of the judges on the Telugu TV show titled Bathroom Singer in 2007. She even co-hosted a 2019 TV show titled Dil Ki Awaaz with Bappi Lahiri in Oman.
Shibani Kashyap and Bappi Lahiri as judges on the TV show titled Dil Ki Awaaz (2019) in Oman
- During an interview, Shibani revealed that she is a self-taught artist. She further added that she used to spend around 8 to 12 hours every day learning how to play the guitar.
- Shibani was childhood friends with the late singer Krishnakumar Kunnath (KK). During an interview, while talking about him, Shibani shared that both of them (Shibani and KK) used to spend time in Delhi, singing jingles and performing gigs. She further added,
I used to sing a lot of jingles with him. And he used to come to pick me up on his bike and we used to go to the studio and record for Pradeep Sarkar and the whole gang. We have done so many shows together. He and I did a tour with Siddharth Basu. We have done live quiz shows where we would perform between the quiz. We did a lot of concerts together.”
- Shibani Kashyap has performed in various gigs and live shows. Instagram- Shibani Kashyap
- She showcased her voice at many music festivals including Worli Festival, Kala Ghoda Festival, and LAVASA Festival. In 2014, she performed at the closing ceremony at Tarpa Festival, Silvassa.
- Apart from this, Shibani has also made appearances as an actor. In 2018, she made a cameo appearance in the Hindi film ‘Helicopter Eela.’ In the 2018 StarPlus Hindi TV show “Ek Veer Ki Ardaas: Veera,” Shibani played the role of a music mentor named Megha Kapoor.
Shibani Kashyap as Megha Kapoor in a still from the Hindi TV show Ek Veer Ki Ardaas- Veera
|↑2||YouTube- Prasar Bharati Archives|
|↑3||Twitter- Shibani Kashyap|
|↑4||Instagram- Shibani Kashyap|