Profession: Entrepreneur Age: 30 Years DOB: 16/09/1993
|Famous For||Being the co-founder and CEO of Josh Talks|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||• Startup of the Year (EduTech) – MeitY-NASSCOM Women Entrepreneur Awards 2021
• Woman Entrepreneur of the Year – Amazon Smbhav Awards 2021
• Forbes India’s Women Power List 2020
• Social Samosa Super Women 2020
• Forbes 30 Under 30 Asia 2018
• Most Influential Youth Marketing Leader – World Brand Congress 2018
• Best Content Creation – SheThePeople Digital Women Award 2017
• Iconic Women Creating a Better World for all – WEF 2017
• Young Entrepreneur of the Year – Women in Business Award 2017
|Date of Birth||Thursday, 16 September 1993|
|Age (as of 2023)||30 Years|
|School||The Shri Ram School, Aravali|
|College/University Supriya Paul – LinkedIn||• Sri Venkateswara College, University of Delhi (2011 – 2014)
• Stanford (2021-2022)
|Educational Qualification||• Bachelors of Commerce (Honours) (2011-2014)
• LEAD Executive Education program (2021-2022)
|Food Habit||Non-vegetarian Supriya Paul – Instagram|
|Hobbies||Travel and Cooking|
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Father– Name Not Known
Mother– Preeti S Paul
|Siblings||Brother– Raghav Paul (Transfer Pricing Manager at EY) (elder)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Supriya Paul (Josh Talks)
- Supriya Paul is an Indian entrepreneur known for co-founding the media platform Josh Talks along with her business partner Shobhit Banga. Supriya is also the CEO of Josh Talks.
Supriya Paul and Shobhit Banga
- Josh Talks was founded in 2015 when Supriya was just 20 years old. It started out with only one YouTube Hindi channel in October 2017. However, it got expanded to 9 other languages including Tamil, Malayalam, Telugu, Marathi, Punjabi, Odia, Kannada, and English. Josh Talks has gathered more than 8.9M subscribers and also released over 2,500 online talks and conducted more than 1500 offline events and workshops.
Josh Talks’ YouTube Channel
- Supriya has studied classical music for 13 years. The Hans India
- Besides Josh Talks, Supriya has also co-founded TripMegaMart, an IT company that helps people who want to start a travel business, is a Mentor at Founder Institute, a Mentor of Change at Atal Innovation Mission, and an Advisory Panel at the Women Economic Forum.
- Supriya is also a writer and has written, All You Need Is Josh: Stories of Courage and Conviction in 21st-century India which is a compilation of 30 inspirational stories of people from all over the world.
- Her father has been an inspirational figure for her ever since she was a child. It was he who told her not to look for mediocrity and rise above instead. Ever since Supriya has wanted to create something irreplaceable. This advice has also helped her in other aspects of life.
- “Josh Talks” was a great hit and has been awarded the National Media Award by President Ramnath Kovind. It was also named one of 2018’s Top 100 startups by Economic Times and Sutra HR.
- Josh Talks has recorded more than 4000 inspirational stories of people all across the globe, Supriya chose to have the top most viewed story on the YouTube channel to be featured in her book.
- According to Supriya, she considered her biggest failure in life when she could not get into the Shri Ram College of Commerce when she was 17 years old. But as time went by, she realized that success and failures are only a part of a bigger journey.
- She also launched Josh Skill App which has over 1.5M downloads and 150,000 paid users. This app has numerous short-term and affordable courses which are targeted toward people from Tier II and III cities who want to improve their chances of developing professional skills.
- The first wave came along when she wanted to publish her book. However, that didn’t deter her decision as she looked at it as an opportunity and didn’t cancel her launch. She also revealed in an interview that the royalty from the book would be donated to COVID relief funds in India. The Hans India
Supriya with her book, All You Need is Josh
- In an interview, Supriya compared Josh Talks to the TEDx college version and ‘bade bhaiya’ (elder brother.) Your Story
- Supriya has been a motivational speaker and has been a guest lecturer at the Women Economic Forum Conference 2019, Singapore, FICCI Ladies Organization (FLO), G.A.M.E Annual Convening 2019, Reputation Today, and Tedx, amongst others.
- After her college, she did an internship with Outlook Magazine, Ogilvy & Mather, and has done volunteer projects for TERI.
- Ankur Warikoo, an Indian YouTube finance content creator, author, and entrepreneur, is not just very good friends with Supriya but has participated in Josh Talks too.
Supriya with Ankur Warikoo
- Besides working, Supriya loves to travel and try different cuisines. Biryani is one of her favorites!
Supriya having Biryani in Bangalore
- Supriya loves to interact with animals and has always had pets at her home while growing up. She has a golden retriever Theo as of now but earlier, she had a pomeranian dog who died in 2015.
Supriya’s pomeranian dog
Supriya with her pet dog Theo
|↑1||Supriya Paul – LinkedIn|
|↑2||Supriya Paul – Instagram|
|↑3, ↑4||The Hans India|