Hometown: Ori Village, Jamalpur Block, Mirzapur, Uttar Pradesh
Age: 58 Years
|Known for||Resigning from the post of leader of the Lok Sabha in the state legislative council on 10 August 2022|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 170 cm
in meters– 1.70 m
in feet & inches– 5’ 7”
|Political Party||Bharatiya Janata Party|
|Political Journey||• In 1985, he contested the student union president elections from DVC College in Orai, Mirzapur, but he lost the elections.
• In 1986, he joined RSS and started working as the pracharak of the Sangh.
• In 1989, he joined the Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad (ABVP) and worked there as an organization minister.
• In 1994, he was elected as the in charge of the Yuva Morcha of Bundelkhand.
• In 1996, he was appointed as the General Secretary of Yuva Morcha.
• In 1998, he was again elected as the General Secretary of BJP State Yuva Morcha.
• In 2001, he became the state president of BJP’s Yuva Morcha.
• In 2004, he was elected as a member of the Jhansi- Jalaun- Lalitpur Legislative Council from Bundelkhand constituency. He also held the position of the State General Secretary.
• In 2010, he was made the vice-president of BJP.
• In 2012, he became the general minister of BJP.
• In 2013, he became the in-charge of West Uttar Pradesh.
• In 2014, he was selected as the in-charge of the BJP membership campaign in Uttar Pradesh.
• In 2014, he worked as the chief in-charge of the Ganga Yatra of Union Water Resources Development Minister Uma Bharti from Moradabad to Ballia.
• In 2017, he was elected as the Minister of State, Transport, Protocol & Power.
• In 2019, he became the President of Bharatiya Janata Party, Uttar Pradesh.
• In March 2022, he was elected as the Minister of Jal Shakti & Disaster Management in Uttar Pradesh.
• On 10 August 2022, he resigned from the post of BJP chief and cabinet minister of the BJP.
|Awards,||In 2018, he was awarded as Transport Minister of the Year by SKOCH Group.|
|Date of Birth||13 February 1964 (Thursday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||58 Years|
|Birthplace||Ori Village, Jamalpur Block, Mirzapur, Uttar Pradesh|
|Hometown||Ori Village, Jamalpur Block, Mirzapur, Uttar Pradesh|
|College/University||Bundelkhand University, Jhansi|
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor of Biology (1985) Swatantra Dev Singh|
|Caste||Kurmi The Indian Express|
|Relationships & More|
|Wife/Spouse||Name Not Known|
|Children||He has two daughters and one son.|
Father– Allar Singh
Mother– Rama Devi
|Siblings||Brother– Shripat Singh (police officer)|
• Cash: Rs. 8,02,815
• Deposits in Banks, Financial Institutions and Non-Banking Financial Companies: Rs. 6,17,359
• LIC or other insurance Policies: Rs. 6,12,125
• Jewellery: Rs. 2,52,300
Gross Total Value: Rs. 22,84,601 My Neta
|Net Worth (as of 2017)||Rs. 13,284,601 My Neta|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Swatantra Dev Singh
- Swatantra Dev Singh is an Indian politician who is known for being the cabinet minister in the Ministry of Jal Shakti, Government of Uttar Pradesh. On 10 August 2022, he resigned from the party.
- When he was in school, he had an interest in sports, and he was also the captain of his school’s wrestling team.
- He started his career as a reporter for a Hindi daily, Swatantra Bharat, in 1986.
- In an interview, one of Swatantra’s allies said that Swatantra was named Congress Singh by his parents, but later, he changed his name to Swatantra Dev Singh after joining the BJP. In the interview, he added,
I remember we were all sitting in the RSS office when we asked him why he is called Congress. He told us his father was a Congressi, and was worried about the future of the party so gave his son this name to ensure the party’s legacy continues. But we collectively decided that his name should be changed, and that’s how Swatantra came to be.”
- When he was in college, he was against the ideology of RSS, but later, he got more involved in the party and understood the ideology which led to his joining RSS.
- In 2021, he commented on the Samajwadi Party and stated that the party promotes family politics. In the statement, he said,
Remaining away from family-based politics, the BJP has given important posts to hardworking people in the organisation and the government. Even a common worker in our party can dream of sitting at the top position. Whereas, in the SP, BSP and Congress, ordinary workers are kept away from top posts because of the importance given to families.”
- On 10 August 2022, he resigned from the party after he was alleged of corruption in the Jal Shakti department.
|↑1||Swatantra Dev Singh|
|↑2||The Indian Express|
|↑3, ↑4, ↑5||My Neta|