Age: 64 Years Profession: Entrepreneur DOB: 12/07/1959
|Famous For||Being the founder of VLCC Healthcare Ltd.|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||• Padma Shri (2013)
• Woman Entrepreneur Award
|Date of Birth||Sunday, 12 July 1959|
|Age (as of 2023)||64 Years|
|School||Mater Dei School, Delhi|
|College/University||Lady Shriram College, Delhi University|
|Educational Qualification||Graduation and training programs in beauty, fitness, food and nutrition, and skincare Inventia Business Magazine|
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Mukesh Luthra (Chairman at VLCC Health Care Ltd.)|
|Children||Daughter(s)– Pallavi Luthra and Meera Bhatia|
|Parents||Father– Ram Arora (Mechanical engineer)
Mother– Kamini (Ayurvedic doctor)
|Siblings||Brother– 1 (Name Unknown)|
|Net Worth (approx.)||Rs 1,300 Crore as of 2019 CNBC TV 18|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Vandana Luthra
- Vandana Luthra is an Indian entrepreneur and is known for VLCC (Vandana Luthra Curls and Curves) Healthcare Ltd., a beauty and healthcare company.
- After completing her graduation she moved to Karlsruhe, Germany for a course in nutrition and cosmetology. Inventia Business Magazine Also, she has done a series of training programs in beauty, fitness, food and nutrition, and skincare from London, Munich, and Paris.
- The first VLCC outlet was opened in a small place (approximately a thousand square feet) in Krishna Nagar, Safdarjung Enclave in New Delhi in 1989. Vandana invested in her company by using her savings and taking a bank loan. In a video, Vandana explains that it was a running place that was about to shut down and was located near a cow shed. However, Vandana had a positive vibe around this place. VLCC India – YouTube
- VLCC is not only a household name in India but is also popular in other parts of the world (South Asia, South East Asia, the GCC region, and east Africa.) The company now also provided training with over 90 VLCC Institutes of Beauty & Nutrition around the globe.
Vandana Luthra at the opening of a new VLCC center in Oman
Vandana Luthra at the opening of VLCC Medi-spa in Thailand
- Vandana Luthra has published two books on wellness and fitness. The first was published in 2011 named Complete Fitness Programme and the second in 2013 with the name A Good Life – The VLCC Way.
A Good Life The VLCC Way
Complete Fitness Programme
- Vandana Luthra’s biggest inspiration in life was her mother who made difference in the life of others with her charitable initiative Amar Jyoti the aim of which was educating children with and without disabilities from kindergarten to class eight. Since then it has had over 800 children in its two branches.
- VLCC has collaborated with the Government of India and is now a major part of the government’s Jan-Dhan Yojana. Economic Times
- Vandana Luthra became the first chairperson of B&WSSC (Beauty and Wellness Sector Skill Council) in 2014, an organization that provides training under the Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana scheme.
- Vandana was also honored with the position of vice chairperson of the NGO Khushii which looks after telemedicine centers and a remedial school that has about 3,000 children.
Vandana Luthra celebrating Children’s Day at Khushii
- She is a member of (MDNIY) Morarji Desai National Institute of Yoga, an organization under the Ministry of AYUSH, Government of India that looks after Yoga Education, Planning, Promotion, Training, Therapy, and Research.
- Vandana is passionate about women’s empowerment and 70% of her training programs comprise women. VLCC – Official Website
- Now a grandmother of four, Vandana makes sure that everyone follows a fitness routine and stays healthy. Your Story
- Vandana has a lot of Bollywood connections and one of her friends is Shilpa Shetty (Bollywood actress and entrepreneur.)
Vandana Luthra with Shilpa Shetty
- Vandana is an animal lover and has had pets all throughout her life. Telegraph India
Vandana Luthra expressing her love for animals symbolically with a soft toy
- While Vandana and her husband do not agree on certain things, they love to spoil each other with gifts and expensive gadgets. Telegraph India
- Vandana has fought against the increase in the cases of obesity in India. As an initiative, she has also organized several health drives (including ‘Take The Orange Pledge: Stand Up India’).
Vandana Luthra in The Orange Pledge drive
|↑1, ↑3||Inventia Business Magazine|
|↑2||CNBC TV 18|
|↑4||VLCC India – YouTube|
|↑6||VLCC – Official Website|
|↑8, ↑9||Telegraph India|