Age: 48 Years Husband: Ramsey Homsany Hometown: San Francisco, California
|Famous For||Being the former general counsel and the head of legal, public policy, and trust & safety lead at Twitter|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 165 cm
in meters– 1.65 m
in feet & inches– 5’ 5”
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Hair Colour||Dark Brown|
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||• Described by Fortune as the most powerful woman on Twitter’s executive team in 2014 (Later, she was joined by Chief Marketing Officer of Twitter Leslie Berland)
• Described by Politico as ‘the most powerful social media executive you’ve never heard of’ in 2020
• Listed in the Badass 50 ‘2020: Meet the women who are changing the world’ by Instyle magazine
|Date of Birth||Year, 1974|
|Age (as of 2022)||48 Years|
|Birthplace||Hyderabad, Telangana, India|
|Hometown||San Francisco, California|
|School||She attended a school in New Jersey|
|College/University||• Cornell University, Ithaca, New York (1993-1997)
• New York University School of Law, New York (1997-2000)
|Educational Qualification(s)||• Bachelor of Science in Industrial and Labor Relations from Cornell University, Ithaca, New York
• Doctor of Jurisprudence from New York University School of Law, New York NYU Law Vijaya Gadde- LinkedIn
|Controversy||In 2018, Vijaya Gadde joined the Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey to his visit to India to have a meeting with Dalit activists to discuss their experiences on Twitter. During their meeting, Jack Dorsey was handed over the placard stating ‘Smash Brahmanical Patriarchy’ with which Jack and Vijaya were photographed. Soon after the photograph was posted on social media, people began criticising Dorsey and Gadde for discriminating against Brahmins and supporting caste and gender-based oppression in India. However, later, Gadde took to Twitter to apologise for the act and stated that they were handed over the placard by the Dalit activists. Stating that they should have been more careful about it, Vijaya said, “I’m very sorry for this. It’s not reflective of our views. We took a private photo with a gift just given to us – we should have been more thoughtful. Twitter strives to be an impartial platform for all. We failed to do that here & we must do better to serve our customers in India.”|
|Relationships & More|
|Husband/Spouse||Ramsey Homsany (lawyer and tech executive)|
Note: She also has a son, whose name is not known.
|Parents||Father– Name Not Known (chemical engineer, who used to work in oil refineries in the Gulf of Mexico)
Mother– Ramani Gadde
|Siblings||Sister– Kavitha Gadde (younger; head of Strategic Publisher Partnerships in America)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Vijaya Gadde
- Vijaya Gadde is an American attorney of Indian origin who worked at Twitter as the general counsel and the head of legal, public policy, and trust & safety lead from August 2013 to October 2022. On 27 October 2022, Elon Musk (soon after Musk took over the ownership at Twitter) fired her from her position as general counsel and the head of legal, public policy, and trust & safety lead.
- When she was three years old, her family shifted to Beaumont, Texas, where her father had earlier moved to pursue his graduation.
- After a few months, her family moved to the east coast and got settled in New Jersey, where Vijaya received her school education.
- Gadde began her career as an associate at Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati, an American law firm headquartered in Palo Alto, California. She resigned from her position at the firm after working there for almost a decade.
- She has also briefly worked at Juniper Networks, a network hardware company in California, as a senior director and associate general counsel (corporate).
- She joined Twitter in July 2011 as director and legal head.
- Two years later, she was promoted to the position of general counsel and the head of legal, public policy, and trust & safety lead in the company.
- In 2021, it was Gadde who spearheaded the decision to permanently suspend the Twitter account of America’s former President Donald Trump.
|↑2||Vijaya Gadde- LinkedIn|